Monday 30 July 2012

My Race for Life x


The 22nd July was a very special Sunday.  It was the culmination of the past 8 months of cancer, surgery, chemotherapy and nasty side affects.  I had always been determined to complete the Race for Life and raise money so that people affected by cancer can be survivors like me!  I was surrounded by lots of people who are dear to me and who I love dearly.  Not only those running but those cheering us all along.

I wasn't able to run the whole race, so I walked the majority of the course, but I was so proud of myself when I ran through the finish line with my gorgeous girl on my shoulders.  I expected to be very emotional, but to be honest I felt really strong.  I was able to see this moment as the start of the next chapter of my life; a healthy, happy future.

Thank you so much for everyone who sponsored our team, we raised around £1500 online and I'm not sure how much offline!! incredible, I am so proud of everyone who helped make the day so successful and enjoyable.


All my beautiful Angels xx

Some of my gorgeous angels - my cousin Cheryl, Auntie Christine,
my cousin Kay and Cheryl's daughter Mia x
At the finish line with my gorgeous girl
 
These were around the house as we returned from the race xx
Much Love Cx




No comments:

Post a Comment